I know a lot of people don’t find making resolutions helpful, I know for me it used to be just another way I’d feel like I’d failed myself. I also don’t believe in the whole ‘new year, new me’ thing, I’m hardly going to become a different person overnight. I’m going to continue being a makeup loving, gaming unicorn.
However, I do find having goals helpful. Especially if those goals are achievable and are things I really want. I could make a list as long as my arm of things I’d love to achieve this year but that really would be setting myself up to fail. So here are my resolutions that should help make 2017 a great year.
– Find a new job. Now I’ve finished my masters I need to move onto a new job, one that I’m not ridiculously overqualified for. I’m also beyond bored of my current job – there isn’t any challenge anymore.
– Lose weight. 1 stone by mid February then a total of 3 stone by the end of the year. This will take me to within a stone of a healthy BMI. This should also mean my acid reflux is back under control.
– Get my fitness back. I want to do at least three workouts a week. Ideally I’d like to be back cycling 50 miles by the summer but I think that’s unrealistic and I don’t want to push too hard and injure myself.
– Spend less time on social media. I love social media but I can easily spend an entire evening on Twitter and get nothing else done. I want to spend that time being more productive. I’m going to do this by setting timers when I open apps.
– Makeup! Put aside time at least once every two weeks to create a fun makeup look. I also want to continue developing my skills and trying products I rarely use like liner and glitter.
– Go on a holiday this year. I haven’t been on a holiday since 2015 and the last holiday that really felt like one was in 2014. So I think saving up and making sure we have a really good holiday in 2017 is a must.
– Contact friends. I want to write a letter to everyone who sent me a Christmas card, as I never got round to writing mine. I also want to try and message the people who are most important to me every two weeks or so.
I think these are all reasonable resolutions and I’m excited to start working towards all of them! I’d love to see your resolutions too – so do comment with your links if you’ve written a resolutions post!