I’ve been enjoying my posts about weight and venturing into a different topic on my blog, so I thought I’d continue for at least this week and talk about the reasons I want to be heading towards a healthy BMI again. Also a quick shout-out to my amazing OH who took all the photos I’ve been using in this series of posts.
- I get acid reflux constantly and I’m on medication I take every day for this which completely stops the problem. However, recently it hasn’t been working as well / at all. Acid reflux gets worse with being overweight, so I need to lose some, end of story really. Needing to take multiple Gaviscon on a daily basis isn’t an option.
- I have a wardrobe full of gorgeous clothes that I don’t fit in. Including some that I’ve never worn (e.g. an amazing dress with a unicorn print). I mean, I need to wear that!
- I can’t give myself a pedicure anymore. I put most of my weight on around my stomach which means reaching my toes to paint them without smudging nail varnish everywhere isn’t possible anymore.
- I want to get back into cycling properly next year and I found riding with my lovely round belly was so difficult! I was constantly essentially kneeing myself in the gut – horrible!
- I may have signed up for a half marathon next year (should I do a blog post series about learning to run again?) and I know that having a healthy weight will make this so much easier!
- I’m going on a school trip to Italy next summer. I coped about as well as a fly drowning in a pint of beer with the heat this summer and I know I didn’t have such as issue when I was thinner. Soooooo, I feel like being a little lighter might stop me dying from heat exhaustion immediately.
- My boobs have grown immensely with my increase in weight. Which is awesome but OMG I don’t know how large boobed people cope! They’re so heavy and the whole ‘if a bra is hurting you, you’ve got the wrong size’ clearly doesn’t apply once they reach a certain size… My back!
- As much as it sounds ridiculous and is a terrible reason, not having to endure people’s shitty comments would be amazing. I mean, I already know I’m never going to be a good weight in the eyes of my mum but at least the rest might pipe down!
- My body hurts all the time. I have an active job and am on my feet all day as it is – so I was always a bit achy at the end of the day. I can’t help but feel that the 3 and a half extra stone I’m carrying is probably making that even worse!
- I don’t LOVE how I look without clothes on, I do love how I look with clothes but I’m struggling with the naked me.
I hope these were interesting! I certainly found it fun thinking of all the reasons I do actually want/need to lose weight – hopefully writing them down will help motivate me too.
I hope you’re all having a great week!