I saw this Covershoot Cosmetics palette being reviewed by several people on my Twitter and insta feeds. They all said it was very reasonably priced, so I popped over to Amazon and discovered it was £2.50 with free shipping. So, of course, I bought it! It turned up faster than the estimated shipping time too.
I was so excited when it turned up because, look at it! Completely the kind of eyeshadows that make my heart sing.
I will say you get what you pay for and these aren’t the easiest shadows to use. I found patting them on my lids with my fingers the best way to get decent pigmentation. They also don’t blend out brilliantly. However, it’s six shades for £2.50. From accidentally getting the purple shadow damp (damn leaky eyes) I can see these being great to use wet – so could be ideal for use as liners or dotting. I’m excited to use them again and see what else I can create – plus it doesn’t matter if I ruin the shadows with mixing mediums as I can always buy another one!
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 Vanilla
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 3 Warm Medium
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
- MAC blush in Peaches
- Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light
- Phee’s Makeup Original Glow Highlight Powder
- Absolute New York Eyeshadow Primer
- Covershoot Cosmetics Neon Palette Eye Shadow
- Phee’s Makeup Original Glow Highlight Powder – inner corner
- MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black
- MAC Eye Brows in Fling
- MAC Eyeshadow in Omega
- ModelCo More Brows in Light/Medium
- Illamasqua Underworld
I was a bit disappointed in these shadows and if you are a brights lover like me I’d say you’d probably be disappointed too. I’d still recommend them though, especially if you haven’t used many brights before and just want to have some makeup playtime. If you want a palette you don’t mind ruining to create liners or to use wet in general, this is ideal!