Recently several things have happened that made me feel like the only person in the world who wasn’t excited. Sooo, I thought it would be interesting to talk about 10 things I don’t get the hype about. Let me know if you agree with any? Or do you hate me now? Are there things that everyone seems obsessed with that you don’t get?
1. Harry Potter – I’m going to start with probably the most controversial. I loved the first book and largely enjoyed up to the fourth book but after that I read them just to know the story. I think for me I had already moved onto adult literature and more importantly adult fantasy by the time I got around to reading Harry Potter. I’m not going to say any more because I know this is a touchy subject and I don’t want to offend anyone (more than I already have).
2. Finding Nemo (and Finding Dory) – this is for the massively personal reason that Finding Nemo gave me the worst nightmares I’d had in a long while. Honestly, they were worse than the Blair Witch Project nightmares. The ‘fun’ element really didn’t shine through for me, I refuse to watch Finding Nemo and I will probably never watch Finding Dory.
3. Game of Thrones – okay, I think that maybe if I watched the tv show I would feel differently about this. I’ve just read the books though and oh myyyy, they’re pretty dull… I’ve read four of the books, they aren’t terrible but they’re really not going to be favourite of mine.
4. Beyonce – sure I used to love her music back in the 2000’s but recently I find I can’t even listen to her. I will actively switch off the radio when her songs come on. I’m sorry… It’s not the lyrics, it’s not her, it’s purely the actual music – I can’t listen to it.
5. Breaking Bad – I’ll admit I haven’t quite reached the end of this series, I’ve been a few episodes off finishing it for over a year now but I’m pretty sure my opinion still counts. Sure, I can see that this was filmed, acted and produced so well but honestly I wasn’t into it. I find anything where I hate every single character difficult and I think that was one of my main issues with it. I don’t understand why people are completely obsessed. I wouldn’t have watched as far as I did if my bf hadn’t been so excited for me to watch it.
6. Pumpkin Spiced Lattes – on a slightly lighter note 😉 I tried one of these for the first time last year and it was a terrible experience. Sure, it tasted alright but I actually had to go and lie down outside in a public park because I was borderline about to blackout. The amount of sugar that hit my bloodstream was insane. Obviously that doesn’t happen to most people! If it had been the most delicious drink ever I wouldn’t have minded but it really wasn’t…
7. Zumba – everyone I talk to about this just says ‘well clearly you had a bad teacher’ but that just isn’t the case. I love dancing, I love exercise, at uni I did Dancercise which was like a circuits class but each move was a dance one (if that makes sense) I also did street dance, salsa, ballet and modern. I grew up going to dance class every week. To me Zumba fell in the line between a rubbish dance class and a terrible exercise class. The point at which I decided I really didn’t like it was when the stretches were incorporated into a little dance routine meaning you had so little time for each stretch… If you love it, great! It’s just not for me.
8. Bath Bombs – I want to love these and sure they’re kind of fun but I just don’t see the point. It probably doesn’t help that I very rarely have baths (yeah yeah I’m a gross unwashed human I know :P). The price is potentially the main problem plus they’re not exciting enough for me and I love showers too much…
9. Nando’s – sure, it probably doesn’t help that I’m a veggie but I didn’t get Nando’s for quite a while before that. People are full on obsessed and so excited to go to Nando’s and I don’t understand why. I guess it’s great if you just want a slab of chicken but… Can someone explain the appeal?
10. Michelin Starred Restaurants – I’ll admit straight away that I’m pretty sure I’ve never been to one but that doesn’t mean my reasoning isn’t valid. I have a pretty tiny disposable income each month. I don’t want to spend that entire amount (or more?!) on one meal! Also, as beautifully presented and delicious as it might be I feel like I’d probably still feel hungry afterwards… I have friends who rave about all the Michelin starred restaurants they’ve been to but *shrugs*.
Hopefully I haven’t offended you all! I’m pretty ambivalent about most things but these just get my goat 😉 Love you all even if you love all these things!