So, I’ve met my mumma’s first actual boyfriend in forever (that’s what she’s calling him, so I’m going with it, LOL – I’m mean but I do feel like there comes an age where the term bf/gf isn’t appropriate!). For various reasons, mainly the fact that my father was an abusive ass, my mum didn’t start dating until last year having been single for basically 17 years at that point… Soooooo, her having a bf is a pretty massive deal! Me meeting him was also a massive deal and I was worryingly nervous haha which meant I spent a good half hour playing with my makeup to calm me down. Plus looking pretty makes everything better, right?
I decided to go for a mermaid inspired sea and sand vibe on the lid and then a bit of that reverse smoky eye that everyone is loving atm. I didn’t want to go too dark or over the top for a three pm cup of tea though I probably went way too overboard for most of the population (lol). Still not sure I made the right lipstick choice but my mumma texted me to say how much she liked it so, it’s all good!
I also wore my ‘I’m Really a Mermaid’ necklace from I love Crafty and earrings from Accessorize that matched this look beautifully. I’m obsessed with this unicorn pin from I love crafty, for only £10 I think it might have to be a next payday purchase…
- Rimmel Fix & Protect Makeup Primer 005
- MeMeMe Beat The Blues in Pearl Pink
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 103 True Ivory
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 3 Warm Medium
- NARS Blush in Douceur
- NARS The Multiple in Tuomota (as a contour)
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent
- MAC Eye Brows in Fling
- Model Co More Brows in Light/Medium
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 3 Warm Medium (as lid primer)
- Artist of Makeup Compact Eyeshadow in Bare Canvas (all over eye space)
- Artist of Makeup Compact Eyeshadow in Maldives (everywhere *heart eyes*)
- Artist of Makeup Compact Eyeshadow in St Tropez (centre of lid)
- Phee’s Makeup Mineral Shadow in Iris (lowe lashline)
- Phee’s Makeup Glow Highlight Powder in Mariposa (inner corner)
- Givenchy Noir Couture Volume-Mascara in Black Taffeta
- NYX Macaron Lippie in Violet
- Phee’s Makeup Glow Highlight Powder in Mariposa (lip highlight)
I hope you’re having an awesome weekend. Sending you all mermaid and unicorn love and vibes ❤
Edit: since I wrote this they may now be ex-bf/gf 😦 it’s all so much drama!