Since I started watching the Vampire Diaries I’ve been wanting to do darker makeup looks than usual. The makeup in that series is pretty glam and heavy most of the time, which makes watching it so much fun for a makeup geek like me. Though the fact they don’t tone it down for sleeping scenes stresses me out, be responsible and show them taking their makeup off for bed already! That was one thing I appreciated about Pretty Little Liars, the fact they showed them ‘without’ makeup in the appropriate scenes. Overall though, I’m loving Vampire Diaries… I mean can we take a moment to appreciate Nina Dobrev’s hair? So freaking beautiful! Also, they must have gone through so many pairs of false eyelashes, love it.
Having said all that, I wouldn’t say this look was inspired by the Vampire Diaries. I’m certainly not coping a look or trying to look like any of the characters. It’s simply the deepness and glamorous nature of the makeup, even during daytime, that I’m picking up on.
- L’Oreal Glam Bronze Eau de Soleil
- Rimmel Fix & Protect Makeup Primer 005
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in True Ivory 103
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Warm Medium 3
- MAC Blush in Peaches
- Phee’s Makeup Shop Rainbow Glow Highlight Powder
- MAC Eye Brows in Fling
- Model Co More Brows in Light/Medium
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (as lid primer)
- Phee’s Makeup Mineral Shadow in Polilla (all over lid)
- Phee’s Makeup Mineral Shadow in Peppered (highlight inner corner)
- Givenchy Noir Couture Volume-Mascara in Black Taffeta
- Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Twist
I tried once again to capture the beauty of Phee’s Makeup Rainbow Highlight and failed abysmally. I think it is just too reflective for my camera to pick up the colours as well as the sheen. I might have to try a video next time?!
However you can definitely see how stunning Polilla is in this post *heart eyes*. I just used the one shadow all over the lid and blended it out along the crease yet it’s so multi-tonal and captivating 😉 it looks like I put in far more effort than I actually did!
I hope you’re all having amazing days ❤