I always need something to be looking forward to. I find it very hard to get through the week or even the day without something to look forward to. I’m not fussy though, I’m often excited by my lunch or dinner. Perhaps about reading the next chapter of a book or the next episode of a series I’m watching. There are also events I can look forward to, Christmas, Valentines Day, birthdays (my own and everyone else’s) or currently… Easter.
My coworker bought some mini eggs into work today, which reminded me that Easter was coming. It also made me think about making mini egg nests, so I decided I would and that I’d share it with you all!
These are some of the simplest and quickest but really tasty things you can make. It makes around 30-40.
16 shredded wheat bars or 500g mini shredded wheat bites
200g mini eggs
You can choose the type of chocolate you use. I used super cheap milk chocolate. You can also add different toppings instead of the mini eggs, for example I did half with mini eggs and half with aero bubbles.
1. Crush all the shredded wheat using your hands or a food processor. Place in a large bowl.
2. Break up the chocolate into a microwaveable bowl.
3. Microwave the chocolate, stirring every 30s till melted.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the shredded wheat and stir until fully coated.
5. Use a spoon to place the mixture into the bun cases.
6. Squish the mini eggs into the mixture.
7. Leave to set for approx 2 hours.
Like I said, super easy and definitely great for kids. Yet the results can look pretty impressive. I may have to try again, creating different effects and trying to create some ‘posh’ ones haha.