Corinne from skinnedcartree was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster award. This award is aimed at helping promote bloggers with less than 200 followers, sharing a bit of love for fellow new or relatively new bloggers.
Quite a few of the bloggers I am nominating are people I follow on Instagram and whilst finding blogs to share with you finally moved from admiring their photographs to actually reading their blog – which has been great for me.
The rules that come with this award are:
- Each person must post eleven things about themselves
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create eleven questions for your nominees
- Choose 11 people with less than 200 followers and link them in your post
- Tell them you have nominated them
- No tag backs
- I have a degree in Physics.
- I secretly enjoy playing computer games such as Skyrim and Fez, though try not to let people know this – oops.
- I love programming.
- Related to the above fact, I have just started learning html so that I can edit my blog.
- I love Hello Kitty and stop and stare every time I see anything Hello kitty related *sighs*.
- I play piano and harp to grade 8 and 7 standard respectively.
- I very rarely ever listen to any form of music despite playing two instruments.
- I read mainly books from the fantasy or science fiction genre.
- Yet, I have still read more ‘classics’ than most of the people I know I love reading, okay?
- I cannot drink caffeine or alcohol, though sometimes break the caffeine rule for a glass of cola.
- Even though I dislike spiders, I won’t kill them because I am convinced a ‘god spider’ will come down and kill me when I am least expecting it if I do… (weird imagination there).
- Which blogger do you admire/inspires you the most? Probably Fleur de Force, partly because she has the same name as me, partly because I love the way she writes.
- What would be your dream job? I would love to know. I’m currently trying to figure that one out!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would quite like to live in Norway. Perhaps random but I love Scandinavia.
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done? Probably running after a woman and tugging on her jumper saying ‘mum, mum’ and then watching her two kids walk over and realising it wasn’t in fact, my mother… Awkward.
- Did you think the world was going to end on the 21st December? I was slightly hoping we were all going to turn into zombies… Really though, no.
- Do you believe in aliens.. and ghosts?! No.
- How do you think the internet will develop over the next 10 years? I think we will see more and more subscription services and more of the internet becoming ‘pay-for-view’.
- What would you be doing now, if the internet didn’t exists and would your life be richer or poorer for it? I would probably be reading a book. I think realistically my life would be just as rich, just in a different way. Without the internet my boyfriend and I would probably never have had a first date and probably would find it harder to keep in contact – even if that contact is just sending each other links to cute cat photos haha. I wouldn’t have ‘met’ so many lovely people that I have through blogging and I wouldn’t have an outlet for my creative side.
- Happiness is a choice. Discuss. Yes and No. You can choose to do things that make you happy but if you have clinical depression you are never going to be happy until your brain chemicals let you.
- If there was a movie about your life, who would play you? I honestly have no idea. I’m going to go with Dita Von Teese because it would add a glamour to my life that is severely lacking haha.
- Who is your favorite person in the whole world, either somebody you know or somebody famous? My mum. We may not always get along but she is still looking out for me and making my life a better place. I cannot imagine life without her and know that my world will fall apart when she dies.
The questions for my nominees:
- What is your favourite colour?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What is your favourite meal?
- Which blog inspires you most and why?
- What is your favourite shop?
- What is your favourite item of clothing?
- What is your happiest memory?
- What would you find it hard to live without? Obviously not air, water, food etc.
- Do you think not having mobile phones / social networks could improve your life/relationships in some ways?
- What is your favourite song?
- What is your favourite book?
My nominees are:
Until I’m Dazzled
Lipstick and Coffee
The Refined Beauty
She Shops Makeup
Young Wild and Polished
Skint Student Style
An Addiction to Remember
and Ferdie’s Beauty Finds (who has just more than 200 followers but still should have more! A lovely blog).
I tried to find stats where I could, so some of these may have way more than 200 followers and I am sorry if that is the case. However, they are all lovely blogs which you should check out regardless! 😛 If any of my nominees don’t wish to take part that is perfectly fine 🙂 if you do, do comment and link me to your post so I can see the blogs you recommend and your answers!