Finally, I am getting you review this. On Sunday I did find myself some sunshine and got all swatch happy. I almost took photographs of my fingertips because they showed the colours better but then you rarely put a shadow on to its full intensity. So the swatches I have are similar to how they would look when brushed onto the eyes rather than pressed on.
|The whole palette. Massive mirror and a relatively good application. Great, simple, easy to keep clean and travel with packaging.|
The swatches show the colours from the bottom left, anticlockwise. The first four eyeshadows consist of a dark brown, a light grey/blue/gunmetal, a champagne and a light gold. All four are shimmery, super soft and easy to blend.
The next four are a deep green, a dark blue and a gold which is slightly darker than the first. These three are shimmery. The last is a gorgeous cream/light brown lid shade. This is one of my most used shades, perfect for all over the lid on a day-to-day basis. It is matte but still really soft and easy to blend.
- Well designed packaging. It is sturdy, easy to keep clean, easy to travel with, light, has a massive mirror and looks smart. It isn’t going to fall apart on you and it won’t be an eyesore on your dressing table.
- Size, it is compact. I would happily carry this in my handbag if for some reason I needed to. It makes my MAC 15 palette look like a whale.
- Good colour range. I’ve been using this for about two months now and have barely used any other eyeshadows. It has everything you could want for every day and even for creating an evening look.
- There aren’t any crazy shades in there – you may disagree but for me, all of those shades are perfectly wearable and lovely.
- The shadows are soft and pigmented. The only one that isn’t as soft is the black, even so it goes on well and blends well.
- They don’t fall out badly. The shimmery shades will fall out a little. Especially when you are putting them on. Once they are on, they do a good job of not falling all over your face.
- They don’t crease badly. I have quite slick eyelids, I need primer. After a day at work, even with primer these will crease on me but then so will most eyeshadows. After a day at home when I am not as busy, these will look pretty much exactly the same as how I applied them.
- Price, this cost £7.99. For 12 shades. Sure, you can get cheaper palettes out there but every single one of these shadows is great. You can also get far more expensive palettes.
- It is suitable for vegetarians though not vegans (according to their website).
- To start with it is quite difficult to open and I ended up scratching a few shadows. Its not that big a deal and it opens fine now. Its just annoying to start with.
- Should you be looking for a completely nude palette, this is not it. If you like playing around purely with browns and taupes this may not be for you. If you aren’t a fan of shimmer, avoid, there are only three matte shades.
- The black could be softer, though the pigmentation is not bad it could be better.
- If used daily, I would imagine you would get through your most used shades quite quickly (ahem, see price).
- It is a ready made, ready to buy palette. This means that if you only like and use regularly a few of the shades, it might be better to look elsewhere for individual shadows.